Quality Assurance (residue, microbial, heavy metal)
Quality assurance programs require products to be tested to ensure chemical residue levels are less than set standards and to ensure they have safe microbial levels.
I K Caldwell AGnVET send the fruit and water samples to Agrifood Technology for chemical residue testing, microbial testing and heavy metal testing. Agrifood Technology conform to the requirements of the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA ISO 17025), are ISO 9001 (2000) accredited and are recognised by a number of other regulatory bodies including the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare.
Maximum Residue Level:
The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) sets MRLs for agricultural and veterinary chemicals registered for use in Australia. These MRLs are set at levels that pose no risk to human health and are not likely to be exceeded if used in accordance with directions on the label.
The APVMA prepares the MRL Standard, which is a document that lists the MRLs for all animal and plant commodities. Following this, the Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) and Australian New Zealand Food Regulation Ministerial Council (ANZFRMC) consider and endorse the MRLs, which are then adopted into the ANZFSC.
The above extract was taken from the Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources website. For more information please visit: www.agriculture.gov.au
Nutrition, Seed, Diagnostics and Water
I K Caldwell AGnVET can offer a complete range of testing and services to cover many areas relating to your property.
- Soil sampling and analysis reporting (I K Caldwell AGnVET can take soil samples from 10cm to 100cm)
- Leaf sampling and analysis reporting
- Fruit/fruitlet sampling and analysis reporting
- Petiole sampling and analysis reporting
- Seed Germination plus Vigour analysis reporting
- 1000 Seed Weight analysis reporting
- Seed Purity analysis reporting
- Fungal culturing and identification analysis reporting
- Bacterial identification analysis reporting
- Nematode extraction, identification and count analysis reporting
- Irrigation Water analysis reporting
- Spray Water analysis reporting
For further information please contact your local I K Caldwell AGnVET agronomist or click on the request button.
I K Caldwell AGnVET can conduct tests to determine the maturity of fruit, to assist in decisions relating to harvest and storage.
- Fruit Firmness
- Total Soluble Solid (%Brix) – Sugars
- Starch Plate Score