As many cotton crops are approaching defoliation, it is important that growers and spray contractors are familiar and up to date with industry best practice to ensure that defoliation sprays hit their target.
The CottonInfo team (a joint venture between Cotton Seed Distributors, CRDC and Cotton Australia) have developed a defoliation preparation fact sheet with details on:
- Training and accreditation requirements
- Record keeping legislation and protocols
- Crop monitoring and maturity
- Product choice and rate
- Droplet size
- Application conditions
- Tactics to minimise drift
- Use pattern and expected activity for defoliants, boll conditioners and desiccants
We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the information in the fact sheet to ensure that defoliation sprays hit their target.
or visit https://www.cottoninfo.com.au/