This information is a summary of the recent changes to the stewardship around products containing 2,4-D.
- VC (Very Coarse droplets).
- DO NOT SPRAY in inversion conditions.
- Mandatory buffer zones for aquatic and non-target applications.
- Mandatory record keeping, with greater detail that the operator will have to update within 24 hours of application and keep the records for a minimum of 2 years.
- Wind speed, Wind direction, Weather conditions and Delta T.
- Refers to applications in Cereals, Fallow & Summer spraying between October 1st and April 15th.
- This is best practice but NOT mandatory at the moment.
- Use Nozzles that produce UC (Ultra Coarse) or XC (Extremely Course) droplets.
- Use higher water volumes/ha.
- Slower application speeds to allow operations at lower boom height.
Please follow this link to take you to the download page for the 49 page document of the changes https://apvma.gov.au/node/32951 GRDC spray application and spray drift link https://grdc.com.au/spray-drift